If you’re wondering what’s for dinner at our house, chances are it’s something Mexican… and the more flavorful, the better! That’s why this Mexican lasagna recipe is on heavy rotation around here.
Just a Couple Notes
We make our own ground chicken in our KitchenAid 600 professional mixer with the food grinder attachment. If you’re vegetarian, you could sub black beans. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re unfamiliar with the chipotle in adobe sauce, this is what it looks like.
As far as spices go, I use and love this one.
Mexican Lasagna with Jalapeño Salsa
- 1 lb cooked ground chicken
- 20 small corn tortillas (5.5 inch)
- 1 lb jalapeños divided
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 can chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 lime divided
- 16 oz Chobani Greek yogurt divided
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 2 tsp seasoning of choice taco, cumin, chili powder, etc.
- 6 oz tomato salsa
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grind and cook chicken.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut tortillas in quarters.
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise. Discard seeds.
- Mince scallions.
- Prepare chipotle in adobe sauce. Mince 1 chipotle pepper, discard the rest. Keep the adobe sauce.
- Halve lime.
- Combine half of Greek Yogurt, juice from 1/2 lime, chipotle, and adobe sauce in small bowl. This will be your topping when served.
- Use a baking sheet to arrange jalapeños face down. Broil 5 minutes until slightly blackened. Remove and thinly slice.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Combine half of jalapeños, scallion, juice from 1/2 lime, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium pan over medium heat until simmering.
- Add corn, spice seasoning of choice, remaining jalapeños and heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine tomato salsa and remaining Greek Yogurt in medium bowl.
- Add vegetable mix.
- Add ground chicken.
- In 9×13 baking pan, layer tortillas, filling mix, cheese, tortilla, filling, cheese, tortillas, cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with topping and sprinkled jalapeño salsa.
Pin for Later
Looking for more family recipes, activities, and motherhood content?
mama • wife • teacher | Helping busy moms & full time 9-to-5ers create websites + brands that make a difference. FREE digital marketing guides. ⬇️