If you follow our little family on Instagram, then you know we take our sweets pretty seriously around here. We’ve tried a lot of tasty recipes recently with all of our extra time at home, but our all-time favorite continues to be this brown sugar chocolate chip cookie recipe. With lots of options for mix-ins, it makes the perfect cookie every time. You know the drill… recipe is at the bottom!
The ingredients are super simple and probably things you have in your pantry already. We always make ours with semi-sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, but you can also mix in white chocolate, dark chocolate, pecans, or walnuts for different flavors.
Some of my favorite memories are cooking with my mom so while YES it is much messier and slower with kids, I do love to include them.
Let’s be real though, the mix-ins are always the best part. Anything that accidentally falls on the counter is fair game. Their bellies were very full today.
Yep, looks ready!
Now comes the tricky part… waiting! Eleven minutes is a long time for an 18 month old on this side of the oven.
But these are always, always worth the wait. Yum!
The Best Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The Best Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups mix ins we use semi-sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
- Mix together dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in each egg. Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually combine flour mixture into sugar mixture.
- Add mix-ins of choice.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. We use 1 1/8 inch scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool for 1 minute before placing on cooling rack.