Another season means another KidBox subscription box delivery and your $25 coupon code off your first box. I wish I had recorded Carter opening his box this time because he SQUEALED with joy over a couple of his new items. As always, momma was excited about the price and convenience.
How It Works
If you aren’t familiar with KidBox, think Stitch Fix for kids but NO styling fees. If you don’t like it and want to send it back, it costs you nothing. If you need to exchange sizes, that’s free. This means you only pay for anything you decide to keep, with $0 styling or ship fees. You get the best deal when you keep the whole box. Plus they donate a box to charity for each box you keep. You can select from several different charities at checkout.
You answer a few simple questions to help them select the perfect box for your kiddo. There’s also a place where you can leave a note to your stylist.
These are a few outfits I picked to represent Carter’s style. He’s all about super heroes and always on the move so comfort is important, but I also like nicer pieces to mix in with all of his casual/play clothes. For this box, I specifically asked for a new pair of jeans and joggers.
Carter’s Back to School Box
The pieces come as singles, but usually mix and match into outfits too. We received 4 tops, 3 bottoms, 2 undies, and 1 pair of nice socks.
I bet you can guess which piece Carter went for first… that Spiderman tshirt! He tried it on last night when we opened the box and immediately asked for it this morning too. Kid knows what he likes. 😉 He also loved that it came with a coloring sheet, crayons, and space stickers. I personally am obsessed with the first sweater for fall. I love that it looks great with the jeans or the navy chino shorts so it’s a great transitional piece. I know he’ll get a lot of wear out of the joggers too.
The boxes are all $98, but this one retailed for $253. If you use my coupon code for your first box, you can also take $25 off the complete box. Even without the coupon code, this one was only around $10 per item though. The fact that they make it so EASY is also a real bonus.
- The boxes usually come with extras for the kids– typically stickers, crayons, and a coloring page or small toy.
- Kid sizes through 14 typically receive 6-7 pieces on average per box.
- You get 5 boxes a year (back to school, fall, holiday, spring, summer). You can skip any of them, or if you want additional boxes you can do that too.
- Similar to Stitch Fix, you complete a style profile with your personal likes/dislikes in terms of style, fit, colors, etc. You can update this for every box to freshen it up. You’ll also provide feedback on each item in your box to help customize future boxes.
- Cancel at anytime, or send the whole box back if you want. There isn’t a styling fee.
- You have 7 days to try everything on at home and then send what you don’t want back in a prepaid envelope.
- You aren’t charged until you decide what to keep. I love this feature!
- When you keep the whole box, you can select a charity to donate clothing to directly from KidBox.